Tuesday 11 December 2012

I've Written A Whole Book

November has come and gone and inside that time I managed to beat NaNoWriMo and write an entire 50,000 word novel! I wrote nearly every day in the month, and learnt that I don't have to worry anymore about wanting to be a writer but not doing much about it, because I'm not terminally lazy, I can do it. Now I've got 50,000 unedited words that I'm sure are mostly drivel, and I'm looking forward to sitting down and banging them into some order. Unfortunately, I had to have an operation under general anesthetic last week and it's knocked the hell out of me, so I haven't started yet. Stitches come out tomorrow though and I'm hoping I'll feel better after that, so soon I'll be able to embark on the second and much more time-consuming stage of NaNoWriMo: turning a load of words into a book that makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment